I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have had while trying to access How to Kick Box. Our site has been difficult to reach. It’s been saying “Error establishing a database”. What happened was that the database would keep on shutting down. I would switch it back on, but and after a few hours or days it would shut down again.
This is how I would switch MySql back on, using the command prompt.
sudo netstat -plt sudo systemctl start mysql
Google could not detect the error or give me warnings because the site was technically not offline. It was just a database error. It was annoying logging on to the site and seeing a blank page.
However, something went wrong somehow and I got what bloggers like to call the white screen of death. What happened was that that my dashboard was blank.
I searched online using DuckDuckGo for a solution. It turns out that one of my plugins caused the problem. To fix the problem, I did the following steps.
- I opened my site directories with FileZilla FTP Client
- I renamed the plugins folder to plugins1, which deactivated all of the plugins.
- The dashboard was now working again, so I changed the name of the plugins1 folder back to plugins.
- I activated the plugins one at a time.
- When I activated one of the plugins called Postie, the white screen of death returned.
- I went back to the FTP folder and renamed the culprit Postie plugin folder to postie1, which deactivated it.
- The admin dashboard returned and I was able to delete the Postie plugin.
I think that an update to the Postie plugin was the cause of the database error. I hope that the steps that I took as above have fixed the problem for good. I was about to backup and reinstall mysql database. Thankfully, I did not go through all of that trouble.
Now, all you kickboxing fans can enjoy the site and send feedback. I will be reconfiguring the plugins settings. I hope everything runs smoothly from now on, so I can focus on my kickboxing training schedule.